Stila 'In The Light' Palette Review

7 comments
Hi lovelies,

This has to be one of my most awaited posts. While I was in a phase to decide whether I should buy any one of the Naked palettes or the Stila In The Light palette I was really confused. While I really like the Naked palettes, when it came down to choosing just one (was it even fair?) out of the two I went for the Stila palette. But why? While I personally think Urban Decay Naked palettes are gorgeous and have a total of 12 eye shadows (along with the applicator brush) as compared to Stila In The Light palette which has a total of 10 eye shadows (but hey it has a beautiful eye liner too) I just believe the Naked palettes are not worth the hype (do you agree?) Moreover, I personally believe not all the shades in the Naked palettes are workable for me. I am someone who would prefer more matte, neutral eye shadows than shimmery, metallic ones and In The Light palette seemed to be the better option, hence the decision.

So - I recently purchased Stila In The Light eye shadow palette given that it had been on top of my eye shadow palette list for the longest time. Stila is a brand I am not too familiar with, I haven't used any other products from this brand which makes this palette my first purchase. When I looked into Stila's profile it appeared to be 'a carefree, whimsical cosmetic brand that is as fun as a fantasy, as individual as a signature and as inspiring as a dream'. The palette comes in a pinkish-brown cardboard packaging which I initially thought was not too practical until I actually held it in my hand. Not only are the eye shadows fitted nicely in the packaging it is very light weight! I can keep it in my hang bag without the extra weight. The packaging also makes it easy for those who are on the go and would prefer to carry less (light!). When you open the palette, the lid of which is loosely attached with a magnet to protect the eye shadows, you also get a nice, wide mirror.

Stila 'In The Light' Palette
Stila 'In The Light' Palette
Stila 'In The Light' Palette
Stila 'In The Light' Palette
Stila 'In The Light' Palette
Stila 'In The Light' Palette

This palette is a beautiful collection of Stila's award winning eye shadows in wearable neutral shades. There is a total of 10 eye shadows with a combination of matte and shimmer finish with 6 shimmery shades and 4 matte ones. Both cool and warm undertones therefore there is something for everyone in this palette. All the eye shadows are beautiful but the best part is the combination of these which can be used to transform any daytime look using the neutral eye shadows to a glamorous night time look using the gorgeous shimmer ones. You would not believe me until you look at this palette for yourself. The eye shadows are so smooth to work with and would glide easily on your eyes especially the shimmer eye shadows which  are essentially more pigmented than the matte ones. I love the soft texture of Luster and Night Sky. Upon application there is zero sparkle on my cheeks and no fall outs which is such a plus point. I also like the fact that the shimmer shades are non-frosty and non-metallic, two type that I never really preferred. Let's talk about the individual shades.
Bare I believe is the perfect base color, anything light might look chalky and unnatural. Kitten is Stila's cult favorite a beautiful champagne shade with a hint of pink. It can work beautifully as a highlighter. Bliss is a rosy neutral for the crease. Sunset is a beautiful copper eye shadow which is more towards the pinkish tone. Sandstone is a gorgeous matte cocoa brown which goes with every eye color and works great in the outer corner of the eyes. Bubbly is a beautiful, soft, dreamy pale golden highlighter which brightens up the eyelids nicely. Gilded Gold is a golden bronze shimmer shade. Luster is a dark brown shade which has a matte finish to it but has a beautiful understated gold shimmer in it as well. I never thought I would like Night Sky but it is a gorgeous grey blue that can be worn alone or layered with brown for a more muted blue. Ebony is your traditional matte black great for smokey eyes or setting your eyeliner. 
Stila 'In The Light' Palette
Stila 'In The Light' Palette
Clockwise
Bubbly 
| Glided Gold    //    Bliss Sunset     //    Sandstone Ebony    //    Bare Kitten    //    Luster Night Sky
Not only this, the palette also includes an exclusive Chocolate Brown Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel and an 8-page look book with details of how-to tips like Midnight Dream to Smokey Luster. So there you have a beautiful palette with a wide range of shades to work with along with an eyeliner. The pan size is pretty generous and great value for money. I cannot be more content with this purchase. I am absolutely in love with this palette and cannot recommend you enough.

♥ Have you tried any of the Stile 'In The' palettes?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Available online at £ 25.00 / US $ 39 
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

7 comments:

  1. That's such a beautiful palette, great review! :) X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's such a gorgeous palette i need to give it a try. you've convinced me

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of " the how to do yourself looks" along with the palette something that mostly girls wonder about if they are not that into eye makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I will work on it, maybe create a look or two.
      Thanks for your kind suggestion. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow this palette is beautiful :) all neutral shades too! I need this <3

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig